To ensure a transparent and safe shopping environment for all my customers, I have established the following Terms & Conditions. By using this website you agree to be legally bound and to abide by the terms set out below. I reserve the right to modify, alter or update these terms & conditions without notice.
WHO ARE WE?
– The Chocolate Tour is a curated gift and subscription service. We source amazing artisan chocolate from over 25+ small chocolate makers and chocolatiers around NZ. Once received we pack everything together and send it your way to enjoy. We do not manufacture or re-package the chocolate, this is done in the registered kitchens from the chocolatiers and chocolate makers that supply to us.
– Due to the nature of the product (chocolate), and the hot New Zealand weather, The Chocolate Tour NZ Ltd does not accept liability for any product that is damaged due to weather. As this is a common risk with chocolate and cannot be prevented. However The Chocolate Tour NZ Ltd will take reasonable steps to ensure your product arrives in perfect condition.
– Special gift box and subscription options can be selected to make the contents of the boxes suitable to a range of dietary needs. However the consumer remains responsible for checking the packaging and ensuring suitability before consuming. The Chocolate Tour NZ Ltd does not take responsibility for any allergic reaction, illness, or injury that occurs as a result of consuming the products provided.
– This website contains personal opinions and is not intended to be used as medical advice.
– All copyrights, trademarks, pictures and other intellectual property rights in the design, layout, wording and concepts of this website are reserved to The Chocolate Tour NZ Ltd.
– The Chocolate Tour NZ Ltd does not offer refunds or replacements if you have changed your mind or if products have arrived damaged or melted due to the New Zealand weather. However if the product has arrived damaged due to insufficient packaging or a courier issue we will fulfill our obligation under the Consumers Guarantees Act and offer you a replacement or refund, once sufficient proof is provided so that we can learn and improve + lodge a claim with the courier/insurance company.
– The recipient must notify The Chocolate Tour NZ Ltd within 2 calendar days of receiving the delivery of any damage, by using the contact form on the website, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. A replacement or refund may be offered at my discretion. Photographic evidence of damage must be send to me in order for me to fairly assess the damage done, in some cases I may ask for the items to be returned to me before I can send a replacement or issue a refund. The cost of returning the product to me will be reimbursed to you once the product has been received by me, and a receipt for the postage costs must be provided to me.
– If I have sent you the wrong item, I will replace it at no cost to you. A digital photo must be sent to me as proof, and I may request for the item to be returned to me before I can send a replacement. The cost of returning the product to me will be reimbursed to you once the product has been received by me, and a receipt for the postage costs must be provided to me.
– Tasting event tickets must be purchased from my website, a limited number of tickets is available for each session.
– There will be no refund if you do not show up to the tasting event. If you wish to cancel your booking you must advise me of this 15days prior to the workshop date, a refund or attendance to a future tasting event may be provided.
– No refunds are given for cancellations closer than 15 days prior to the workshop, unless otherwise advised on your ticket. If a refund is provided, a $10 administration fee will be deducted from the amount due to be refunded.
– For any in-person tasting events you may give your ticket to someone else, if you are unable to attend, however you must advise me of their name and contact details prior to the tasting event starting, otherwise they may be refused entry and your ticket will become voided. For online tasting events please contact email@example.com to discuss your options, minimum of 15 days prior to the event date.
– The Chocolate Tour NZ Ltd reserve the right to stop the tasting event once it has commenced, or prior to commencement, if any of the attendee’s behavior is a danger to the health and safety of other participants or the host.
– The Chocolate Tour NZ Ltd is not responsible for any injury to your person (mentally or physically), or damage to your property (for example, but not limited to; clothing/bags/vehicle) sustained during or as a result of the tasting event or the products you consume during the tasting event.
– If The Chocolate Tour NZ Ltd choses to reschedule a workshop for any reason you will be given the choice to attend a future session or have the full ticket amount refunded. No administration fee will be deducted.
– The Chocolate Tour NZ Ltd accepts Visa & Mastercard credit cards as payment method for retail customers, through the online shop. Corporate and wholesale clients placing bulk orders may pay via bank deposit. Credit Card Payments are processed via Stripe which is a highly secure provider; I do not see or store your credit card details anywhere in my system, please refer to their website for their terms and conditions: https://stripe.com/nz/privacy
– Products will not be shipped until full payment has been received. This applies to online orders, as well as corporate and wholesale orders that are paid via bank deposit.
– The prices noted on my website are in New Zealand dollars (NZD) and include Goods and Services Taxes (GST). Prices are for online orders only and are subject to change at any time without notice. Corporate and wholesale prices can be provided upon request to businesses wishing to purchase my items for resale. Prices will be valid for the timeframe stated on the wholesale/corporate guide and will be honored for any wholesale/corporate orders placed within that time period.
FREE DELIVERY POLICY
– The Chocolate Tour NZ Ltd may offer free delivery on orders that are above a certain value. The value of the free postage threshold is subject to change without notice, and may only be offered during certain times of the year. The threshold will be stated at the top of my shop page, and if you meet the threshold it will be automatically applied to your order.
– Exceptions to Free Delivery Policy. Wholesale and corporate orders do not qualify for free delivery due to the discount they already receive on their order. Exceptions can be made at my discretion.
– The Chocolate Tour NZ Ltd offers deliveries within New Zealand by courier. A delivery is interpreted as an attempted delivery by our chosen courier company: Aramex. Please visit their website to see their Terms & Conditions.: https://www.aramex.co.nz/terms-and-conditions/privacy-policy/
– The Chocolate Tour NZ Ltd does not accept liability for any delivery delay in the event there is no-one to receive the delivery at the delivery address. You may or may not be asked for a signature on delivery. If you are comfortable for the goods to be left if no-one is home, please state this on your order in the comments section and advise a safe & secure place for the order to be placed. It is at the courier’s discretion to not leave the goods if no one is home, unless you expressly ask for this to be done in the comment section.
– The Chocolate Tour NZ Ltd does not accept any responsibility for theft or loss once goods are recorded as delivered.
– Your order will be posted to you within 7 calendar days of payment being received, however I have no control over how quickly the courier is able to deliver your order once it has left my premises. If the delivery details given by you are incorrect, and therefore affect delivery I may have to charge an additional delivery charge.
– If you have selected the incorrect delivery method and have therefore not paid sufficient postage, you may be asked to pay the difference before your order is shipped. If the opposite occurs and you have paid too much postage, you will be provided with a voucher for the value of the overpaid amount. This voucher will be valid for 1 month from issue date, after which it will become void and non-refundable.
NON-LIABILITY FOR CONSUMPTION OF PRODUCTS
– Once a product has been purchased and delivered, The Chocolate Tour NZ Ltd can no longer be held responsible. It is the responsibility of the consumer once they receive the product to ensure the product is consumed in line with their own dietary needs. Full nutritional information and allergy guidelines can be found on each individual item, or can be obtained via email by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
CANCELLATION OF ORDERS
– To cancel an order, please send an email within 48 hours of the order being placed, with the order details to email@example.com . A refund will be offered, minus a $10 administration fee. Alternatively you can request for a different product to be send to you instead, the revised order must be of equal or lesser value then the original order, and you may select a different postal address if you wish. No refund will be given for the balance between the original order and revised order. If the newly chosen delivery address incurs extra postage above what has been paid in the original order you may be asked to pay the difference before the order is dispatched.
– Disclaimer of warranties and limitation of liability: this site is provided by The Chocolate Tour NZ Ltd on an “as is” and “as available” basis. The Chocolate Tour NZ Ltd cannot accept liability for any indirect loss, loss of enjoyment, loss of profit, loss of business, loss of goodwill or any other loss what-so-ever in connection with the operation of this website.
– This website may contain links to other websites on the Internet for other businesses that I work with. I am not responsible for the availability or content of those websites.
– You expressly agree that your use of this site is at your own risk, to the full extent permissible by applicable law. The Chocolate Tour NZ Ltd cannot guarantee that this site, its servers, or e-mails sent are free of viruses or other harmful components.
– The Chocolate Tour NZ Ltd accepts no responsibility and will not be liable for any damage, loss of income, or loss of business, arising from the use of this site or its products, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages.
– When you make a purchase, or add things to your shopping cart, I collect your personal details for the purpose of being able to communicate with you regarding your order, you will also be added to our mailing list, however your details will never be shared or sold to any 3rd party.
– We may post feedback received from you on our social media and for use in promotions and other communication. Photos taken by me during tasting events, and/or posted by you on social media may be used by The Chocolate Tour NZ Ltd on my website/social media.
– By submitting your details in the subscribe form at the bottom of every page you consent to be added to my email list, you will be send newsletters and other special offers. You can unsubscribe from this email list at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org Please see MailChimp for their Terms & Conditions regarding the storing of your data submitted in the subscribe form. https://mailchimp.com/legal/
The Chocolate Tour NZ Ltd uses server logs and web analytic tools, e.g. cookies. When visiting this website cookies may be used to collect information from you such as which browser and/or operating system you are using, as well as but not limited to: your ip address, search terms, location and duration you spend on our website. You can change the cookie settings in your browser to determine what kind of information we are able to collect, or to block cookies entirely. Please note that if you block cookies you may not be able to access/use all features on our website.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement and understanding of the parties and supersedes any previous agreement between the parties. They shall be governed by New Zealand law and the parties hereby agree to submit themselves to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand Courts.
These Terms & Conditions were last updated in January 2021